You might be wondering what to get your loved ones this holiday season, especially gifts to let them know you’re thinking about them as we continue to stay home. We called on our team to help develop a one-stop gift guide for everyone on your list. From the crafty friend and busy mom to your active, outdoorsy brother, we’ve got you covered.
Emily McGrath shares ideas for the artistic and creative person in your life:
- Take the love of ceramics home with clay, glazes and firing options from Minnesota Clay Company
- Emily highly recommends gifting yarn and knitting supplies from local Minneapolis companies StevenBe and Knit & Bolt
- Bullet Journal to stay organized into 2021. Shop local for journals at Golden Rule Gallery.
- Pair a journal with some quality journaling pens.
- Learn the art of hand lettering with this beginner hand lettering kit.
- We love the idea of creating a beaded strap for your face mask!
- Make your own Macrame lampshade with this simple kit.
- A subscription to Craftsy! The perfect online resource consisting of classes, detailed instructions and a variety of experts to help you stay inspired and trying new crafts!
Jason Dorow gives some insight into shopping for the men in your life:
- Yoga mat for at-home workouts! Jason loves the Fitness Gear Fitness Mat because it’s made of a thick material and doesn’t slip when working out.
- Help a loved one stay healthy with Nature’s Way Sambucus Sleep + Immune Gummies.
- Choose to gift running shoes over dress shoes this year.
- Give the gift of keeping their drinks cold or hot with a Yeti colster or rambler!
- Shop hoodies, long sleeves and cabin crews for warm winter and spring attire from Minnesota company, Great Lakes Northern Outfitters.
- Jason is a huge fan of the Soundcore Spirit Bluetooth earbuds with great sound and at an affordable price!
- With so many people cooking at home, and grilling once the weather is warm enough outside, a grill kit is one of Jason’s favorite gifts he’s received. Pair the grill kit with a local restaurant’s food kit, such as Red Cow’s burger kit.
- Created by KFAN host Cory Cove, The Initials Game is an easy, addictive, competitive card game for 3 or more players. Friends and family can now enjoy this popular on-air game at home.
For holiday themed gifts, Sheila Green shares some of her favorites:
- Radko ornaments are Sheila’s favorite. Definitely a way to remember 2020!
- Sterling Silver Christmas bells from Shreve, Crump & Low are a thoughtful gift that will make your loved ones think of you each time it rings.
- Comfy socks are always a good idea. Sheila loves L.L.Bean or shop local with hippyfeet!
- Give the gift of an activity with gingerbread house kits, Chanukah house and cookie kits!
For the foodie or mixologist in your life, Emmet Coleman inspired us with some ideas to support the local food & drink scene:
- Gift cards! Gift cards! Gift cards! – This is one way to give this holiday season in a way that maintains the vibrancy of the restaurant and bar community.
- Give the gift of take-out to a friend or family member! (try to pick up in person because delivery services cut into the total price you pay)
- Support small craft brewers and distilleries by giving your favorite mixologist in your life a bottle of something!
- Brother Justice Whiskey has exquisite American Single Malt whiskeys. Try their cold-peated whiskey!
- Gather online with a fun game of BIZ-ingo, hosted by the Midway Chamber, that makes it easy for you to help save our local restaurants and breweries! BIZ-ingo cards will be handed out by participating locations and winners will receive gift cards!
For the mom or women in your life, Lindsay Treichel Schroeder shares some her favorite gift ideas:
- Self-care is so important, give the gift of a massage or spa day! Lifetime Fitness LifeSpa in Savage is her go-to place.
- Lindsay recommends any workout attire from Athleta or Lululemon.
- Mom’s definitely love anything made by their kids!
- We love the idea of gifting swimwear as this year’s new matching pjs. Mott50 has the cutest prints to match as a family. Check out their Honey Plum collection!