Here are some tips and tricks to success and well-being as you work from home.
During the pandemic, home has become our sanctuary for work, downtime, exercise, social interaction and everything in between. During these unprecedented times, it’s crucial to take a step back, breathe and take a temperature check of your well-being.
Across #TeamTunheim we’re all experiencing working from home differently: some of us have roommates, some of us have kids at home during the workday and some of us live alone. Yet, we all have one thing in common—we’re all working hard to deliver results for our clients while balancing our mental health, relationships, social needs and more.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been two key narratives. The first is finding time for, and prioritizing, self-care and rest. The second is utilizing the extra time to move mountains, refine yourself as a professional and kick-off that side hustle you’ve been dreaming about.
As a team, we’ve been focused on both (within reason!) and that’s why we’ve rounded up our best tips and tricks to hone yourself professionally while also keeping your mental health in check amongst the chaos and uncertainty of COVID-19.
- Waking up at the same time every morning.
- Putting all work away during the weekend.
- Maintaining as regular a schedule as possible.
- Refraining from letting household chores and other temptations interrupt the workday.
- Getting dressed!
Leave your work in one place.
Create a space that is your designated workspace. This will help to set boundaries and make the other spaces of your home feel separate. Hence, work/life balance! Here’s some of our tips on creating an at-home workspace:
- Separate areas for work and rest—keep work out of the bedroom and off the couch.
- Change up your designated workspace every week.
- Use a stand-up desk or make your own.
- Find a space with natural light to boost your mood.
- Hook your laptop up to a TV or monitor using an HDMI cable for dual screens.
- Take a lunch break to make something fresh and filling.
- Check up on your children’s schoolwork progress.
- Spend quality time with your children.
- Do a mini workout challenge.
Virtual social interaction.
- Virtual Netflix party movie nights.
- Instagram meme sharing.
- Play ‘Psych!’ a free app you can play remotely with friends and family.
- Play Jackbox Games online with friends.
Set time aside for webinars.
- Tunheim has hosted three webinars— check them out here!
- Free Instagram Live workouts from Alchemy 365, Barre3 and Basecamp Fitness.
- Self-guided yoga.
- Outdoor bike rides, runs and walks (with proper social distance, of course!).
- Free online guided workouts (pro tip: many fitness apps and websites are offering free trials!).
- Dog walks.
Set goals that are achievable.
- Setting a goal for the number of books you can finish while staying home.
- Learning how to make a new cocktail.
- Developing a new career-oriented skill.
- Learning a new recipe.
- Increasing your running distance.
Take advantage of this slower-paced life.
With these tips and tricks, we hope you’re able to maintain a healthy work/life balance throughout these uncertain times. While this “new normal” may feel anything but normal, remember that you’re not alone. As always, stay tuned in to our social channels— Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for frequent insights and updates on how Tunheim’s tackling working from home!