It is no longer a matter of “if” a crisis will come along and affect your organization, it is a matter of “when.”
Tunheim is offering an on-demand virtual crisis communications course taught by CEO and executive counselor Kathy Tunheim and our team at Tunheim.
Whether you are new to communications or seasoned and want a refresher, this course brings expertise and practical wisdom together. As a former communications executive at Honeywell, an executive counselor for over three decades and a seasoned board director, Kathy and her team bring wisdom and experienced advice from those who have seen and managed through just about every category of crisis.
This course will cover:
- The preparation of an organization’s leaders to be prepared for emerging issues
- Understanding stakeholders and preparing to communicate effectively with them
- How crisis response has evolved in the digital age
- Getting an organization back on offense – Kathy’s credo and insights to help senior leaders get their minds wrapped around the situation and move ahead – whether from a true crisis or just a series of bad days
Session 1: Successfully recognizing and managing communications’ leadership in crises
- In session one, Kathy Tunheim and Patrick Milan present on successfully recognizing and managing communications’ leadership in crises.
- At the end of this session, you will understand how to help your organization assess the reputation risk of an issue, roles in the organization, the phases of a crisis and begin planning your response.
Session 2: How media and digital have changed the calculus for reputation management – and what and how communications leaders must adapt
- In session two, Kathy Tunheim and Patrick Milan are joined by Tunheim media relations lead Bess Ellenson and digital leads David Erickson and Maddie Greene to outline how media and digital have changed the calculus for reputation management – and what and how communications leaders must adapt.
- At the end of this session, you will have context for the current state of digital, social media and news media and how to be smart in use of these important channels through all stages of a crisis.
Session 3: Dynamics at the intersections of reputation and stakeholders
- In session three, Kathy Tunheim and Patrick Milan are joined by Tunheim public affairs lead Sarah Hinde and integrated communications lead Emily McGrath to talk about the dynamics at the intersection of reputation and stakeholders.
- At the end of this session, you will be ready to think about your stakeholder audiences and anticipate their needs as you manage an issue or crisis. You will also learn about tools we use to help clients navigate the crisis and get their organization back on offense.
Ready to get started? Purchase the course.