For more than 30 years, Tunheim has successfully helped clients navigate complex change. Designed around the fundamental belief that successful organizations take responsibility for being understood, we help our clients rethink how they work and how they communicate to effectively engage with their most important stakeholders.
We are seeking an account strategist with a focus on media relations to join our team. Account strategists are responsible for supporting strategy, ideation, execution and reporting for current and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with client service teams and account leads to support all aspects of our integrated public relations campaigns.
- Develop and execute media relations campaigns, including drafting media materials and pitching media.
- Manage the measurement and reporting of outreach initiatives.
- Create content on behalf of multiple clients, including consumer, business and public issue campaigns.
- Analyze and measure content effectiveness.
- Manage social channels for clients, including some community management.
- Participate in Tunheim’s digital and social marketing efforts.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience; some agency experience preferred.
- Experience and proven success in media relations, public affairs, internal communications or corporate communications.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience identifying and developing custom pitches for media.
- Experience arranging media interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Experience writing both traditional and digital content, including news releases, pitches, thought leadership content, blog posts, bylined articles and social media content.
- Experience analyzing digital content for effectiveness.
- Experience writing digital content, including thought leadership, blogs, social media, etc.
- Strong project management experience and ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or a related field.
- Digital design experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in video production preferred, but not required.
- Political and/or advocacy campaign experience preferred, but not required.
Other Requirements and Attributes:
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving workload.
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure.
- Strong analytical research skills.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and think critically to solve problems on the fly.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
Tunheim is committed to alleviating disparities in our region, including those based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and familial and economic status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees and clients. Tunheim believes what we do is connected to the outcomes in our community and the rest of the world, and we take an active role in systems change. We commit to showing up, being good listeners, using our connections and assets to create opportunity and understanding, and directly working to be a partner to organizations seeking to improve outcomes.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note “Account Strategist Application” in the subject line of your email.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran