Tunheim is looking for a dynamic leader with financial and accounting experience to work in an aggressively growing fee-for-service business. We are looking for a confident, results-driven person to manage and improve our financial performance and direct our accounting operations. The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical skills, exceptional problem solving skills, a flair for numbers, is highly organized and has excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy Financial Controller will streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train employees on business finance issues and help drive income generation.
Tunheim works with a broad base of clients in multiple industries providing integrated marketing and communications services.
The Financial Controller will be a member of the leadership team and will provide financial and administrative guidance to maximize return on financial assets by maintaining and improving financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting to achieve the growth and profit goals of the firm. The Financial Controller will also work with other leaders on HR policies and procedures to ensure a working environment is based upon a culture of success and personal and professional growth.
- Preparing monthly and year-end Income Statements and Balance Sheets according to GAAP using a financial and workflow cloud-based ERP system
- Preparing and managing weekly cash flow including securing timely inputs
- Preparing project-based billing, managing inputs, recording deferred revenue and work in process for accurate monthly revenue recognition
- Providing monthly variance analysis comparing budgets and forecasts to actuals
- Preparing other financial reporting as needed for leadership team
- Maintaining and updating monthly budget, and leading and generating the annual budgeting process
- Processing bi-weekly payroll
- Supervising data entry/bookkeeping, staff and acting as the liaison to the bank and the external tax and audit firm
- Overseeing contract administration, determining overhead allocations and providing project reporting to project teams to achieve gross/net margins
- Managing employee health and welfare benefit programs and insurance coverage
- Managing job posting process, applicant tracking, onboarding and systems training
- Participating in continuous improvement including business processes, automation, performance management, developing standards, accounting, corporate finance and analyzing Information
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and understanding of GAAP and how to apply them
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or industry in a financial management role
- Must understand and be able to perform the role/responsibilities of Financial Controller
- Experience in automating workflows
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be hands-on with attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills; identifying solutions
- Working collaboratively
- Strategic financial analysis
- Experience in a project-based and/or professional services company
- Experience with cloud-based ERP system such as Deltek Vision
Inquiries about the position and applications (resume and cover letter) may be directed, in confidence, to John Blackshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Relocation is not provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran