Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your financial accounting skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Tunheim Partners could be just what you’re looking for.
For 25 years, Tunheim has built a reputation as a professional services firm that helps clients navigate complex change. Designed around the fundamental belief that successful organizations take responsibility for being understood, our methodology — Insight, Strategy and Delivery — focuses on getting clients results.
The Financial Controller as a member of leadership, this strategic thought-partner and hands-on leader will provide financial sophistication and administrative support to maximize return on financial assets by maintaining and improving financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting to support the customer and internal team to achieve the growth and profit goals of the firm.
- Preparing monthly and yearend Income Statement and Balance Sheet according to GAAP using a financial and workflow cloud-based ERP system
- Preparing and managing weekly cash flow including securing timely inputs
- Preparing project-based billing, managing inputs, recording deferred revenue and work in process for accurate monthly revenue recognition.
- Providing monthly variance analysis comparing budgets and forecasts to actuals
- Preparing other financial reporting as needed for Leadership.
- Maintaining and updating monthly budget, and leading and generating the annual budgeting process
- Processing bi-weekly payroll
- Supervising data entry/bookkeeping staff and act as the liaison to the bank, and the external tax and audit firm
- Overseeing contract administration, determining overheard allocations, and providing project reporting to Project Teams to achieve gross/net margins
- Managing employee health and welfare benefit programs, and insurance coverage
- Participating in continuous improvement –business processes, automation, performance management, developing standards, accounting, corporate finance, analyzing Information
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and understanding of GAAP and how to apply them
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience in public accounting/and or industry in a financial management role
- Must understand and be able to perform the role/responsibilities of financial controller
- Experience in automating work flows
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be hands on with attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills; identifying solutions
- Working collaboratively
- Strategic financial analysis
- Experience in a project-based and/or professional services company
- Experience with cloud-based ERP system such as Deltek Vision or other
Inquiries about the position and applications (resume and cover letter) may be directed, in
confidence, to Diane Vredeveld, 952-851-1600 or email@example.com.
Tunheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer.