Digital Marketing Internship Opportunity
Tunheim is a strategic consulting firm that works with clients navigating complex change. We tackle our clients’ toughest challenges with a collective approach – a belief that no one individual is as good as the company’s “collective best.” And that collective best includes the interns invited to join our team.
Our hybrid internship programs (office located in Bloomington, MN) offers opportunities to individuals with a wide variety of interests, skills and experience. That may include:
- Critical thinking and strategic planning
- Writing (creative, copywriting, technical, etc.)
- Social/Digital content, strategy, monitoring, and tracking
- Design and layout
- Research and data analytics
- Public affairs
- Media relations
You will experience work at a consulting firm, try new and different kinds of projects and emerge from the internship with a demonstrable work product for your portfolio.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of clients and projects, giving you a broad range of experience in the digital marketing field. The ideal candidate should be a creative problem-solver with a passion for digital marketing and a desire to learn and grow.
You will assist our client service teams by doing some or all of the following:
- Assist in the execution of digital marketing strategies for clients
- Help with the management of social media accounts and content creation
- Assist with email marketing campaigns, including design and content creation
- Help with the creation and optimization of PPC campaigns
- Collaborate with team members on the development of digital content, including website copy, blog and social media posts
- Analyze data and provide insights to inform and optimize future campaigns
- Assist in the coordination and execution of virtual events, webinars, and other marketing initiatives
- Help to brainstorm our recommended approaches to meet client objectives
- Draft and design materials for various audiences – media, clients, blog readers, consumers, influencers, key opinion leaders, etc.
- Research and analyze trends and industry background
- Support new business efforts and do research on potential clients
- Engage members of the media to generate interest in covering client topics
- Track and analyze conversations via social media, in addition to content creation
- Develop client recaps and reports
Intern requirements and preferred skills include a four-year degree in communications, digital, marketing or similar degree or comparative experience; previous internship or job experience in communications and social/digital. Familiarity with social media platforms and search engine marketing. Highly motivated with keen attention to detail and strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving workload and meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure. Strong analytical research skills. Competency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. This is a hybrid position, including time spent in our office in Bloomington.
We are currently seeking candidates for social/digital interns for an immediate start, and are also looking for interns for June/July – December 31; these paid positions are typically full-time. For consideration, please send your resume, references and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for June are due no later than March 15.