Tunheim is Hiring!
Named “Small Employer of the Year” in 2017 by the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce, for more than 26 years Tunheim has built a reputation as a consultancy that helps clients navigate complex change. Designed around the fundamental belief that successful organizations take responsibility for being understood, we help our clients rethink how they work and how they communicate to effectively engage with their most important stakeholders.
We tackle our clients’ toughest challenges with a collective approach – a belief that no one individual is as good as the company’s “collective best.” We are currently seeking a dynamic, flexible individual to join our team as full-time Media Consultant.
Our collaborative approach extends throughout our organization. From our open office design to lunch-time gab sessions to late afternoon co-working pods, our team enjoys being together and celebrates the fresh thinking that colleagues can bring to solving the challenge of the day.
- Manage media relations programs for consumer and business-to-business clients under the counsel of senior consultants
- Draft and edit media materials, including traditional and digital content
- Pitch local, regional and national consumer, news and trade media
- Manage multiple timelines and budgets
- Research and develop media lists
- Track and monitor industry media
- Plan and execute consumer and media events
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or a related field required and a minimum five years of relevant experience
- Experience and proven success in consumer media relations and event management
- Ability to identify and develop custom pitches for media contacts
- Experience arranging media interviews and speaking engagements
- Relationships with media contacts both locally and nationally
- Experience writing both traditional and digital content, including news releases, pitches, thought leadership content, blog posts, bylined articles, social media content, etc.
- Strong project management experience and ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects
- Experience managing project and/or client budgets
- Solid grasp of digital platforms and tools; experience using these tools on consumer campaigns is a plus
- Experience in developing strategic plans
- Research experience and ability to use research to develop a point-of-view and recommendation
Other Requirements and Attributes:
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving workload
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure
- Strong analytical research skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and think critically to solve problems on the fly
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
Tunheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note “Media Consultant Application” in the subject line of your email. Relocation is not provided.
Contact Tunheim to get the results you deserve.
Get in Touch