Named “Small Employer of the Year” in 2017 by the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce, for more than 27 years Tunheim has built a reputation as a consultancy that helps clients navigate complex change. Designed around the fundamental belief that successful organizations take responsibility for being understood, we help our clients rethink how they work and how they communicate to effectively engage with their most important stakeholders.
We tackle our clients’ toughest challenges with a collective approach – a belief that no one individual is as good as the company’s “collective best.” We are currently seeking a dynamic, flexible individual to join our team as a full-time Consultant.
Our collaborative approach extends throughout our organization. From our open office design to lunch-time gab sessions to late afternoon co-working pods, our team enjoys being together and celebrates the fresh thinking that colleagues can bring to solving the challenge of the day.
- Manage media relations programs for business-to-business clients under the counsel of senior consultants
- Draft and edit editorial content, including bylined articles, thought leadership pieces and blogs
- Draft and edit media materials, including traditional and digital content
- Pitch local, regional and national trade, news and consumer media
- Manage multiple timelines and budgets
- Research and develop point-of-view pieces on behalf of the firm and clients
- Research and develop media lists
- Track and monitor industry media
- Plan and execute trade, consumer and media events
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or a related field required and a minimum five years of relevant experience
- Experience and proven success in business-to-business media relations
- Experience writing editorial content
- Ability to identify and develop custom pitches for media contacts
- Experience arranging media interviews and speaking engagements
- Experience writing both traditional and digital content, including news releases, pitches, thought leadership content, blog posts, bylined articles, social media content, etc.
- Strong project management experience and ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects
- Experience managing project and/or client budgets
- Relationships with media contacts both locally and nationally is a plus
- Solid grasp of digital platforms and tools; experience using these tools on business-to-business campaigns is a plus
Experience in developing strategic plans
- Research experience and ability to use research to develop a point-of-view and recommendation
Other Requirements and Attributes:
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving workload
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure
- Strong analytical research skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and think critically to solve problems on the fly
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
Tunheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note “Consultant Application” in the subject line of your email. Relocation is not provided.