Tunheim and Sleep Number worked to create a strategy that would introduce the 360 smart bed and generate buzz coming out of CES.
Introduction of the Sleep Number 360™ smart bed was the cornerstone of Sleep Number’s appearance at CES 2017.
As the world’s largest consumer innovation show with more than 170k attendees – including key stakeholders, influencers, influential tech media, and national editors, it was imperative to align the launch of the 360 smart bed with the (re)launch of the Sleep Number brand.
Tunheim and Sleep Number worked together to create a strategy that would introduce the 360 smart bed, reinforce Sleep Number as tech innovators and generate mainstream and social media buzz coming out of the show.
- Relaunch the Sleep Number brand with the introduction of the 360™ smart bed that champions quality sleep and challenges the mattress industry.
- Prior to CES, facilitate NDA meetings to give priority editors (both those attending and not attending the show) a sneak peak of Sleep Number’s latest innovation;
- Formally announce the 360 smart bed two days ahead of CES via national wire and personal networks with press release and electronic press kit; and
- Leverage major media events prior to Day 1 of CES, including CES Unveiled and the Pepcom Digital Experience.
- Brandwatch recognized Sleep Number as one of the ‘most talked about brands’ at CES;
- Sleep Number 360 was awarded 13 show awards – more than all previous years combined including the coveted CES Innovation Awards “Best of Innovation” honoree – given only to the highest-rated product or technology within the category;
- More than 1.4B media impressions (17% YOY increase);
- 850+ media placement (493% YOY increase);
- Earned media content was shared 90k times through social media;
- Coverage from top-tier media was impactful throughout the show including CNET, Good Morning America, USA Today, Huffington Post, GQ, Yahoo!, Wired, Good Housekeeping, PC Magazine and Gizmodo, among others; and
- 360 smart bed was consistently included in daily round-ups of the ‘hottest and new smart tech gadgets of 2017.